The objective of Certification of Biometric Devices (BDCS) is to facilitate availability of quality assessed authentication/ enrolment Biometric Devices along with QR Code scanner device for offline authentication to user agencies. This certification scheme provides confidence that certified devices are reliable, safe, and secure and meet the UIDAI requirements.
This objective is attained by ensuring device comply with the UIDAI Aadhaar Specification.
The main aim and objective of the scheme is to provide confidence to the user of the biometric devices that the certified devices are reliable, safe, secure and meet the requirements. At present the scheme covers fingerprint image scanners, Iris camera for enrollment and authentication devices.
This objective is attained by ensuring the biometric device suppliers are empanelled based on the following:
- Suppliers are capable to supply Biometric Devices which meet the technical specification of UIDAI.
- Suppliers have adequate systems and resources to support the implementation and usages of the devices by enrolment agencies which include but are not limited to training on process to enrolment agencies personnel, calibration and maintenance of devices.
In addition to subjecting biometric device to various tests, following demonstrable controls on device level, manufacturer level and supplier level will also be verified:
- The devices are designed, manufactured and delivered to meet the technical requirements of UIDAI. Final test report and release note of the devices are available on demand.
- The devices are manufactured at a facility having established Quality Management System (QMS).
- Supplier has a system to provide confidence in the distribution and maintenance of devices.
At present the following devices are covered under the scope:
- Authentication Device (L0 and L1).
- Finger Print Scanner
- IRIS Authentication devices (Discrete and Integrated)
- Registered Device Service
- Enrollment Devices
- Finger Print Scanner
- IRIS devices
- Pre-Certified Hardware (PCH)
- QR Code Scanner Devices for Offline Authentication
The assurance is required for the following characteristic of the device
- Device Portability
- Image Quality leading to data quality
- Durability for varied environmental and climatic conditions
- Safety and Electro-magnetic compatibility of the devices
- Functional Testing
- Security Testing
- Authentication accuracy management
- SOP for Enrollment Devices - UIDAI
- UIDAI Circular dated 01.03.2021
- Amendment in rules & procedures Office Memorandum No. STQC/IT&eGov/QM/SAB-SCB dated 04.03.2022
- Amendments in Rules and Procedures in r/o Biometric Device Certification Scheme dated 26.04.2022
- BDCS-D01-Rules & Procedure of Biometric Device Certification 414.32 KB
- Biometric And QR Code Device Certification Scheme
- BDCS-D02-Schedule of Charges 306.07 KB
- BDCS-D03-Use of Certificate-License and Logo-Marks 238.76 KB
- STQC-IT&eGov-P01-Appeal Procedure
- STQC-IT&eGov-P02-Complaint Procedure
- BDCS-P09-Procedure for Pre-Certified Hardware (PCH) Testing Evaluation and Certification 442.32 KB
- BDCS-P10 Procedure for obtaining Biometric Device Certification-Authentication-Enrolment 538.01 KB
- BDCS-P11 Procedure for Test, Evaluation and Certification of QR Code Scanner 594.57 KB
- BDCS-P12 Guideline to Registered Device Service Applicant 686.06 KB
- BDCS-P13 Guideline for Ergonomics Assessment & Evaluation 360.03 KB
- BDCS-F01-Application for Product Certification 152.59 KB
- STQC-IT&eGov-F02-Agreement with applicant for certificate of approval
- BDCS-F09-Ergonomics Assessment & Evaluation Format 68.96 KB
- BDCS-F11-Template for RD Service Solution Architechure 387.1 KB
- List of Certified Biometric Devices 292 KB
- UIDAI Specifications 234.45 KB
- Aadhaar Registered Devices - Technical Specifications published by UIDAI 1.36 MB
- L1 traceability matrix document 258.44 KB
- Acceptance of devices for evaluation and certification under Bio-metric Device Certification Scheme 876 KB
Plug-in: Download Adobe Acrobat Reader
|Name and Designation||Address||Phone/Email/Fax|
|Sh. Suresh Chandra, Director
Biometric Devices Certification Scheme
|Phone:011 - 24301382
Email: headits AT stqc.gov.in
Fax: 011 - 24363083